Attaches user data to an attribute, or deletes the attached data.
GSErrCode ACAPI_Attribute_SetUserData ( API_Attr_Head* attrHead, const API_AttributeUserData* userData );
- [in] The attribute to attach the user data to is defined by the
indexfields of the header.
- [in] The user data to store. If
nullptr, then the function deletes the user data.
- The function has completed with success.
userDatapointer was passed.
- The platform sign in the user data is invalid (out of range).
For other common API errors see the API Errors document.
This function is used to attach user data to an an atribute, or to delete the attached information (if
nullptr. The caller is responsible for allocating and deleting the
userData->dataHdl. You can safely destroy the passed handle after use, as it is copied into the internal database.
This function is a non-undoable data structure modifier function. See more details on this topic at Command Overview.
- Version: API 4.1 or later
- Header: ACAPinc.h
Attribute Manager, API Functions