From Archicad version 9 you can attach GIS data to a project with API functions.
Geographic Information Systems (GIS) are a set of computer programs that can organize, display, and analyze spatially distributed data.
You can find detailed explanation of GIS visiting the following websites:
- GIS.com, a portal to GIS information on the Web created by ESRI, a GIS software developer
- GIS Portal of Spectrum Mapping, LLC
- Open GIS Consortium (OGC)
- European Petroleum Survey Group (EPSG)
- A Beginner’s Guide to Geographic Information Systems by Mike Creech and Carol Fedora
- Introduction to GIS and Map Coordinate Systems by Andy Anderson at Amherst College
The GIS data associated to the plan can be accessed with the APIDb_GetGISRefID and APIDb_SetGISRefID database functions.
The following UML figure demonstrates the relations between the different parts of the GIS data structure as implemented in the API.